Gamma Kappa Chapter was established at George Washington University in 1946 when eight transfer students took up the initiative to colonize at the campus. That fall, Gamma Kappa Chapter joined 12 other NPC groups on campus. Gamma Kappa Chapter left the campus in 1975, but returned in the spring of 2017.
Today the chapter is filled with members who are leaders on campus and in the community. The women of Gamma Kappa take Kappa Alpha Theta’s tag line of “Leading Women” to heart as they are involved in numerous clubs and activities including rugby, RHA, performing arts groups, varsity sports, and more. In addition to being full time students and being involved on campus, Gamma Kappa Chapter members also work in jobs and internships all around the D.C. area. With over 80 members and growing, the chapter is excited to continue the legacy of Gamma Kappa Chapter.